Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Beautiful Breckenridge, Colorado

Yesterday we returned from a 10-day Colorado vacation.  We had a fantastic time with family and even squeezed in a little time with friends too!  Last Saturday we left Olathe and headed to Windsor, CO where our wonderful friends the Barstows live.  Keri and Erik were great friends when they lived here and just a few years ago they moved away.  We cherished the time we got to spend with them since it doesn't happen nearly as often as we'd like.  After spending the night at their place and enjoying church and quality time on Sunday, our family headed to Breckenridge to meet the rest of my family for the week.

In Breckenridge time was spent with my mom, Larry, my sister Amber, nephew Brandon, my aunt and uncle Nancy and Steve, and my cousin Megan's family (husband Kyle and girls Jori and Josie).  It was an action-packed week with hiking, shopping, dancing, eating out, riding bikes, visiting the marina, and of course taking in a day at the Breckenridge fun park.

On Saturday we headed down from the mountains and spent a couple days with my grandparents and uncle Bruce in Aurora.  While my grandparents can't keep up with the family in the mountains anymore they are doing very well for two 92 year-olds.  It was tough to say goodbye to them yesterday as I know they have been looking forward to this time for so long.

And now, we are in the home stretch of summer.  Just a couple more weeks and the girls will be headed to kindergarten.  Yes, that's what I said...kindergarten.  Are you crying yet?  I have no doubt I will be on that first day.  How can it possibly be...my babies going to kindergarten.  I know it's cliche but honestly, where has time gone?

Below are pictures from our wonderful Colorado vacation.  Before kindergarten starts it's my goal to make a "Highlights of Summer" post to fill in the gaps of our fantastic summer.  Enjoy the pics!





































No comments:

Post a Comment