Monday, November 21, 2011

Watching Over

They say that sometimes life throws you curveballs.  Well, let's just say that we have experienced a curveball.  Last Wednesday, my dad, a.k.a. "Pepaw", was taken home to be with our Father above.  After having a brain aneurysm rupture, he could not survive the damage the bleeding did to his brain.  The pain in my heart is indescribable.  I am confident that the pain will lessen but never completely leave me.  It breaks my heart to think our girls won't remember their Pepaw but we are determined to teach them what a wonderful person he was.  The smile he could bring to another's face, his friendliness to complete strangers, and his love for his family will never be forgotten.  I can only hope and pray that Ava and Reese will someday touch as many lives as their grandfather did.  And in the meantime we will hold tight to the memories that we have of him, remembering the time he had with the girls and the love he showered upon them in the short time they had together.  We know he will be watching over us even though he isn't with us on Earth anymore.  And as I close this post I urge everyone reading this to cherish the time you have with your loved ones and don't take one minute together for granted. 



6 comments:

  1. Hillary, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    Kelly B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hillary - My heart aches for you :( I cannot even begin to imagine the loss you are experiencing. I remember seeing your parents and talking to them many times at Children's when they would come visit Ava. Your Dad was one of the most friendly people. Please know that I am praying for you and will keep you close in thought. May you find peace and comfort in those around you and the Lord during these times. Natalia K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hil,
    My heart aches for you; the pain you have is all too familiar. Please know that I think of you often and pray for strength for you and your family. Much love to you.
    Ann Schwieso

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilary-Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I know that your faith will see you through.

    Amanda Irvin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hilary, I want to let you know I am praying for you and your family. This pain of losing a parent is still fresh in my heart. My mom passed away a year ago when my daughter was 5 months old.

    I am pretty sure we live close to one another. I saw your husband walking by this evening while we were having a storm door installed. Didn't want to be a "crazy neighbor" running after him to say, "hi"!! :) I would love to connect with you sometime if you are interested. Here is my email: littletulip5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilary, I was reading through your blog and learning about all the progress Ava has made when I came across this post. I remember your mother and father coming to visit Ava as I sat there just a few feet away snuggling with Tysen like it was yesterday! Your dad was always so friendly and happy. He always took the time to say hello and ask how Tysen was doing that day. I am so saddened to read this, and although it has been well over a year since his passing, I pray that you and your family are doing well. Please tell your mother I said hello! I always looked forward to their visits with Ava so that I would have somebody to chat with! ~Megan

    ReplyDelete